2016 Inter-Services Championships Report
Congratulations to all our players involved and to those that were successful 🏆
We hope to have similar success for the next season 🏓
The Army Team had a fantastic Championships where the Mens 'A' Team trained hard to win the Team Event after a 33 year wait.
The Ladies Team also won the Team Event earning us the Double; such a brilliant comeback after not having anyone to enter in 2015!
The Mens 'B' Team also put up a respectable display with some great table tennis making such progress from previous years.
There were some fantastic results in the Individual Event where newcomer Rgr Ashley Robinson won all his Events.
Congratulations to the Winners John M & Ashley in the Mens Doubles.
Congratulations to the Winner Ashley in the Singles Event.
Congratulations to the Winners Nicola & Ashley in the Mixed Doubles.
Congratulations to Hils & Nicola for winning the Ladies Doubles.
After this Event Rgr Ashley Robinson left the Reserves to continue with his Northern Ireland professional table tennis career.
Ashley acknowledged you're only as good as the whole team; we wish him all the best of luck for the future.
Many thanks to Graeme from Soldier Magazine for the #ActionPhotos
Congratulations to this years Winners & Runners Up 🏆
Results for both the Individual & Team Event are as follows:
- Mens Singles: Robinson (Army) beat Faulkner (RAF)
- Ladies Singles: Sumner (RAF) beat Geneux (RN)
- Mens Singles Plate: Johnson (RAF) beat Tamang (Army)
- Ladies Singles Plate: O'Callaghan (RN) beat Evans (RAF)
- Mens Doubles: Robinson & McFaul (Army) beat Faulkner & Cullen (RAF)
- Ladies Doubles: Frail & Greig (Army) beat O'Callaghan & Geneux (RN)
- Mixed Doubles: Frail & Robinson (Army) beat Sumner beat Johnson (RAF)
- Mens Team Event: Army 'A' Team beat RAF 'A' Team
- Ladies Team Event: Team Army beat Team RAF
* Special thanks: Steve tournament TT official
Many thanks to all the players that took part and to those that helped to run this Event, we look forward
to seeing you at the Inter-Services next year; which will be hosted by the RAF @ RAF Halton.