ATTA Training & Championships 2021
Did you get one of these?
Huge thank you goes to the ATTA Committee for organising this Event! Also to the ASCB Director for attending & to his teams for their support behind the scenes.
Pete & Samir
Rob M & Pratikcha
2021 ATTA Training & Championships
The ATTA Training & Championships for 2021 took place at the Aldershot Garrison Sports Centre (AGSC) on 4 to 8 Oct 21 with around 80 plus players taking part. However this Event was rescheduled with an extra day from its usual February four day period to October due to COVID-19; noting in 2022 this Event did return to its normal February four day slot. Players had a fantastic two day training package with by our special guest coach Jason (Sugrue) plus his team of coaches Josh & Zion (Greenhouse Sports) along with the three day Tournament itself organised by WO2 John McFaul, our ATTA Coach.
Congratulations to this years Winners & Runners Up 🏆 Results are as follows:
- Mens Open Singles: Dom beat Kiran
- Ladies Singles: Hils beat Bethany
- Mens Open Doubles: Pete & Samir beat Pratikcha & Rob M
- Ladies Doubles: Nicola & Hils beat Bethany & Lydia
- Mixed Doubles: Dom & Bethany beat Hils & Kiran T
- Open Singles Plate: Kiran S beat Santosh
- Novice Singles: Paras beat Oliver
* Merit Award One: Kumadey for umpiring (absent for photo)
* Merit Award Two: Ashim Rana for umpiring
* Merit Award Three: Dangol for reaching Quarter Finalist (absent for photo)
* Appreciation Award One: Ian Murphy & Sean Bibby
* Appreciation Award Two: BFBS Richard Wyeth
* Capt Tom 100 Master Award 2021/22: Pete Owusu
* DASCB Coin: Hannah Bacon for ATTA Media coverage during COVID-19
* Capt Tom 100 Master Award 2020/21: Nicola Frail
Many thanks to all the players that took part and to those that helped to run this Event Event including our special guest coach Jason plus his team of coaches Josh & Zion, we hope to see you all next year and at another table tennis Event soon #BritishArmySport 👍
A huge thank you goes to WO2 John McFaul our ATTA Coach for taking the lead and running a successful Championships, having done all that so well with the help of the dedicated ATTA Committee team 🏓
A massive thank you goes to our ATTA Sponsor Bribar Table Tennis for their continued support and their discounts on offer; if interested and wish to commit speak or contact the ATTA Secretary 📧 firstname.lastname@example.org 💪
Lastly a huge thank you goes to the Army Sport Control Board who continue to support our Sport and Events; highlight was the ASCB Director and his team visiting our Sport again 😊
* Some photos taken by Cpl Hannah Bacon, ATTA Media Rep with many more photos on our Social Media pages
*Some photos taken by the ATTA Committee and our players; many thanks to them, also shared on our Social Media pages
Keep playing and we look forward to seeing you all next year or at another table tennis Event soon.